ANZENBERGERMASTERCLASS September 2018 – June 2019
Learning from the best – 4 master photographers will guide 16 promising photographers through the process of developing a long-term photo project.
During this ten-month-long intensive masterclass, the students will learn how to develop, start, implement, and present their individual photographic projects.
10 months – 10 weekends full of workshops, discussions, group activities, and reviews
|Saturdays:||workshops, lectures, reviews, etc. led by the four masters (Kristin Dittrich, Andrew Phelps, Klaus Pichler, Reiner Riedler)|
|Sundays:||workshops, lectures, reviews, etc. led by guest lecturers (e.g.:Gerry Badger, Nicolo Degiorgis, Klaus Honnef, Corinne Noordenbos, Simon Roberts, Laura El-Tantawy, Agnieszka Rayss, Regina Maria Anzenberger)|
The goal for each photographer is to complete a long-term project during the masterclass, either an exhibition and/or a book. A final presentation of all projects will take place in June, 2019.
Working on a long-term photo project you will learn how to:
- develop ideas and concepts
- gather information and do research
- get started with your project
- implement your concept
- tell a story
- approach people and find places to photograph
- edit and sequence
- make a budget for your project
- present your work and promote your project
- work on a book and/or exhibition
The masterclass offers:
- supervision by the master photographers over ten months
- open discussions and critiques
- individual portfolio reviews
- lectures, workshops, and reviews by the master photographers
- lectures, workshops, and reviews by national and international photography experts such as Gerry Badger, Nicolo Degiorgis, Klaus Honnef, Corinne Noordenbos, Simon Roberts, Laura El-Tantawy, Agnieszka Rayss, Regina Maria Anzenberger
- workshops and seminars on topics like bookmaking, editing, production and budgeting
All workshops will take place at AnzenbergerGallery, Absberggasse 27, 1100 Vienna, Austria.